25 Oct Rom 8:24-25 (The Marathon of Hope)
“For in hope we were saved. Now hope that sees for itself is not hope. For who hopes for what one sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait with endurance.” Rom 8:24-25 (full readings)
* Today’s image is of my LIFE Runners family patiently waiting for me to endure and finish the Kansas City Marathon on October 15th. When this picture was taken, I was praying and hoping that the unseen finish line was near. That hope, as Bishop Paprocki told us the night before the race in KC, “gave wings to my feet” (articles below).
Faith Challenge: Among the first words of the Blessed John Paul II’s pontificate were “Be not afraid.” What is causing you fear? What is causing you to despair? Pray now for the strength to have hope in the Lord for He does have a plan and He can take away your fear and despair.
Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, AFA, Vatican, Project Rachel.
* Springfield Diocese (23 Oct): Bishop Paprocki finishes marathon with LIFE Runners.
* Kansas City Archdiocese (20 Oct): LIFE Runners Turn Faith, Sport Into Donations For Pro-Life Clinics.
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
Feast Day: Saint Antonio de Sant’Anna Galvao.
Faith Quote: “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies).Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.