29 Oct Romans 8:38-39 (enduring fidelities)
Posted on Thursday 29 October, 2009
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “Obligations express the ways in which we are rooted in abiding relationships with other people. They are signs of those enduring fidelities that give us strength and identity.” by Timothy Radcliffe
Throughout Scriptures (Is 54:5, Jn
3:29, Mk 2:19-20) and thoroughly discussed in Pope John Paul II’s
“Theology of the Body
“, is the portrayal of Jesus as the bridegroom, His Church as the bride, and the kingdom of heaven as the wedding feast (Mt 22:2, Mt 25:10). Marriage between a man and a woman is a visible sign of God’s love. Through their fidelity to each other, they stand as a testament to God’s fidelity. I believe that marriage has helped me become a better Christian and to improve my relationship with Jesus. It has taught me about self-sacrifice, commitment, patience, forgiveness, and compassion. Lord, as a renewal of my vows of love and fidelity, I recommit myself to You today. Amen.
Let’s all invite one person each week (John 14:6
) to join our LIFE Group (~ 250 of God’s children).
* NEW: Renew your commitment to our Lord Jesus Christ today.
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Peters family (JP in hospital
), Lynn Bishara
(for son Alex).
* NEW: Rich Reich (Lorena Myers, member of our LIFE Devotions family, defends her thesis today. May God be with you!)
Faith Quote: “Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church.” – Pope John Paul II
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization
of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19