02 Feb Sat, 2 Feb (Heb 2:14-15)
* Welcome God into each day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
Now since the children share in blood and flesh, [God] likewise shared in them, that through death he might … free those who through fear of death had been subject to slavery all their life. Hebrews 2:14-15
Devotions snippets: “It would seem that the message that Jesus comes to bring men and women with his presence on earth and his death on the cross is the abolishing of fear from our hearts. And this is Jesus’ own final words to us: “Do not be afraid. I have overcome the world.”” by Fr. Carlos G. Valles, S.J. Let Go Of Fear
Rich’s comments: Today is the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord. This feast emphasizes Jesus’ first appearance in the Temple. Jesus was welcomed in the Temple by two elderly people, Simeon and the widow Anna, who both acknowledge the infant Jesus as the long-awaited Messiah. The readings this morning made me think of the lyrics to a Christian rock song on the radio, which says “in having You [Jesus] who shall I fear?” May we let go of our fears and hold onto Jesus. Amen.
LIFE Devotions blog: log in at http://www.blogger.com/.
* For faith networking, please fill in your blog profile (picture, profession, denomination, ministries, hobbies, etc).
* For faith sharing, please add a blog comment (link at bottom of devotions). If you are unable to access the blog, I will gladly add your comment (email me). The notifications are inconsistent, so please email me after you add a comment (to highlight in devotion email).
* Please sign up by clicking this link: LIFE Devotions blog.
LIFE Prayers blog: linked in the LIFE Devotions blog header.
* Prayer changes things, so let’s strive to integrate daily prayer into our lives.
* For prayer support, please add/update a prayer request (and let me know by email).
* Please sign up by clicking this link: LIFE Prayers blog.
Through Christ Our Lord,