05 Feb Sirach 47:8 (God’s gift of life)
Posted on Friday 05 February, 2010
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (website, Facebook), based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
With his every deed he offered thanks to God Most High, in words of praise. Sirach 47:8 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “When we receive a gift, we are to offer thanks. If some honor is bestowed upon us, it is fitting to thank those who have helped us in this achievement. We have all been given the gift of life, filled with love, joy and blessings too numerous to enumerate. For that magnanimous treasure we owe deep and heartfelt thanks to the Author of life.” by Fr. James McKarns
Rich’s comments: The greatest gift God gave to us was Himself, and the greatest gift we can give to God is ourselves. God gave us the gift of life so that we would have something precious to give back to Him. The life of every human being, born and unborn, is to be respected in an absolute way, because man is the only creature on earth that God has “wished for Himself”. Lord, I thank You for the gift of life. May I never take it for granted. Amen.
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding a devotion to others or by using the Facebook Group “invite people to join” link. Steve, Rich, or Pat will gladly add others to the email list.
* NEW: Start prayer today by giving thanks to God for all of your blessings, especially God’s gift of life. Make your life a living offering to God.
* NEW: Read Sr. Francelle’s devotion, “Get over it!”, and learn how to deal with situations in life that we have no control over.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion, Peters family (JP), Haitian earthquake victims, Rich Reich (Carolyn’s cancer battle), Bobby Aborn (health issues), Joe/Anne Hourigan (lost their 14 wk old unborn child), Carol Nesbitt (Nancy Wheeler – passed away).
* NEW: Carol Nesbitt (Sydney Jones passed away from a pulmonary embolism)
Faith Quote: “The world is very dangerous to live in … not because of the people who do evil … but because of the people who let it happen.” – Albert Einstein
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).
Post A Comment