22 Mar Spring into action! Relay 75% filled (by Apr 9th)
Cheers! We just passed the halfway mark of our 40 day A-Cross America Relay and have filled 75% of the 5K legs. That adds up to 1,200 legs covering 4,000 miles with 9 million steps to REMEMBER The Unborn – wow, teamwork! The Relay is currently moving through SD, CO, OH, and OK – see live progress map. Lots of great Relay photos on our Facebook page and Instagram page. Submit your Relay photos and videos here for sharing.
To get the last 25% filled, everyone needs to Spring into action. We filled the Relay last year and once again will fill it this year – but only with your help. If you have already registered and completed Relay legs, thank you for being All In Christ for Pro-Life! If you have been meaning to register or can do more, now is the time. Wear your LIFE Runners jersey and register all of your local area running and walking as remote Relay legs between now and Apr 9th finish line events in Kansas City (schedule below). Let’s finish strong! Register for remaining Relay legs and get a Relay finishers medal and/or shirt at liferunners.org/across – photos below.
Our mission is to get LIFE Runners “REMEMBER The Unborn – Jer 1:5” jerseys out in public to impact hearts and minds for saving lives. It is about putting ourselves out there so that those carrying heavy burdens can be reached. Its about being visible and available with a message of hope in a culture of death. During the Relay people all over the world put on their jersey and choose day after day to be the voice for the voiceless. The Relay stretches from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Brooklyn Bridge, from North Dakota to Texas, but it also reaches so much further. LIFE Runners in every state and 29 nations are running to raise awareness for the unborn and their courageous mothers during these 40 days of powerful prayerful action. In God’s time we hope to fill every one of the 1,588 Relay legs with multiple runners/walkers on the course and many others participating remotely in their neighborhoods around the world to REMEMBER The Unborn – Jer 1:5.
Join the exciting finish line events in Kansas City on Apr 9th – cheers!
* 9:00 AM – Palm Sunday Mass (all welcome) and then Fellowship, Cathedral of St. Peter, 416 N. 14th St, Kansas City, KS.
* 11:00 AM – Register to run/walk 5K legs at liferunners.org/across.
* 12:30 PM – Celebration rally at Macken Park, 1000 Clark Ferguson Dr, Kansas City, MO. RSVP for free lunch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 12:45 PM – March final leg (only half mile) into finish with all four arms. Register at liferunners.org/across.
* 2:30 PM – Prayer rally at Planned Parenthood, 4401 W 109th St # 200, Leawood, KS 66211. liferunners.org/creed
* 3:00 PM – 40 Days for Life Closing Rally at Center for Women’s Health, 4840 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS (walking distance from Planned Parenthood)
LIFE Runners in the News: liferunners.org/press
* Fiji Times (8 Mar 2017): 24-hour prayer session.
* Arkansas Catholic (6 Mar 2017): Sweat, prayers: Life Runners.
* Catholic Missourian (3 Mar 2017): LIFE Runners honorees for heroic virtue (pg 1, 7, 13).
During this Lenten season, wearing our “REMEMBER The Unborn – Jer 1:5” jerseys along the Relay course or in our own neighborhoods to fill Relay legs is a redemptive way of putting our faith in action for witnessing to the sanctity of all human life. Witness with fitness.
God First, Life Always, Teammates Forever!