16 Mar Sun, 16 Mar, Palm Sunday (Philippians 2:8)
* Welcome God every morning by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from the Living Faith devotional (http://www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
[Christ Jesus] humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. Philippians 2:8
Living Faith snippets: “The choice of power expresses the attitude of many people today: they think that humans ought not and can not expect help from God. For them it is time now to take history and the world into their own hands. Human beings themselves feel capable of building a free world, truly human. But meanwhile we are coming to see the consequences of this creativity emancipated from God and are thus beginning to rediscover the wisdom of the Cross.” Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI) Journey Towards Easter
Stations of the Cross: As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother, Simon helps Jesus carry His cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus…
*Seventh Station (Jesus falls the second time): “We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.” This is the second time that Jesus has fallen on the road. As the cross grows heavier and heavier it becomes more difficult to get up. But He continues to struggle and try until He’s up and walking. My Jesus, often have I sinned and often, by sin, beaten You to the ground beneath the cross. Help me to use Your grace that I may never fall again. Amen.
Rich’s comments: “The perfect surrender and humiliation were undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man. Now the Christian belief is that if we somehow share the humility and suffering of Christ we shall also share in His conquest of death and find a new life after we have died and in it become perfect and perfectly happy creatures. This means something much more than our trying to follow His teaching. People often ask when the next step in evolution–the step to something beyond man–will happen. But on the Christian view, it has happened already. In Christ a new kind of man appeared: and the new kind of life which began in Him is to be put into us.” by C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity
Lord, help me to humble myself, to become obedient, even unto death, that I might share in Your life and Your glory. Amen.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment