03 Feb Sun, 3 Feb (1 Cor 1:27,29)
* Welcome God into each day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and God chose the weak of the world to shame the strong … so that no human being might boast before God. 1 Corinthians 1:27,29
Devotion Snippets: “It is a little frightening to read the words of Paul and see how utterly opposed the truth he preaches is to the ways of the world, and how, once we embrace that and say “yes” to living it, it will change our world.” by Amy Welborn
Rich’s Comments: Two themes came to mind when I read today’s devotion and scripture readings. One is how the Truth is so opposed to the World we live in. I grew up thinking that a part of my family was very strange. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I knew that they were different than most people. About a year ago I experienced a metanoia, a radical change in the way I viewed the World. I came to realize that there existed two opposing fears, Fear of God (a good fear out of reverence for God) and Fear of Man (a fear of ridicule from Man for not conforming to the ways of the World and looking strange). Today I know that it is good to be different. If I appear strange to others, then I know that I am following the Truth.
The other theme that came to mind was the theme of humility. I heard during my Lenten Retreat yesterday that anyone can do good. Anyone can feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and help the poor. The difference between those who are baptized in Jesus Christ is that we do things through Christ. When we serve the poor, it is not us who are serving the poor, but Christ. The glory is all His. Lord, may we remember that we are an extension of Your body, and it is You who empowers us to do Your will. Amen.
LIFE Devotions blog: log in at http://www.blogger.com/.
* For faith networking, please fill in your blog profile (picture, profession, denomination, ministries, hobbies, etc).
* For faith sharing, please add a blog comment (link at bottom of devotions). If you are unable to access the blog, I will gladly add your comment (email me). The notifications are inconsistent, so please email me after you add a comment (to highlight in devotion email).
* Please sign up by clicking this link: LIFE Devotions blog.
LIFE Prayers blog: linked in the LIFE Devotions blog header.
* Prayer changes things, so let’s strive to integrate daily prayer into our lives.
* For prayer support, please add/update a prayer request (and let me know by email).
* Please sign up by clicking this link: LIFE Prayers blog.
Through Christ Our Lord,