28 Feb Thurs, 28 Feb (Jeremiah 7:23)
* Welcome God every morning by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/
Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Jeremiah 7:23
Living Faith snippets: “When one of my daughters telephones, it often takes a moment for me to clearly identify which of the three is on the other end. If I can so easily confuse the voices of those closest to me, I can’t help wonder how often I mistake the voice of the harsh inner critic [or other influences] for God’s voice. Listening to the indwelling Spirit requires us to put aside our preconceived notions and make space in our hearts to hear the authentic voice of the Spirit. That voice may [will] challenge us but will never condemn, guide but never manipulate.” Terri Mifek
40 DAYS FOR LIFE (until 16 Mar): This is a unified Christian campaign to prevent the destruction of abortion (babies, families, abortionists) with an around the clock, 40 day prayer vigil at abortion clinics nation-wide. Learn about efforts in your area and sign up for the daily updates at www.40daysforlife.com/. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5)…”you knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13).
* Please share your experiences with defending the unborn (abortion clinic prayer vigils, ministering to abortionists, etc) and helping post-abortive families heal.
Pat’s Nuggets: Joel Cain shared a website for Life Training Institute (led by Scott Klusendorf): www.prolifetraining.com/. Joel and I saw Scott speak at the Academy in the late 90’s. Scott does a seminar called “Making Abortion Unthinkable: the Art of Pro-Life Persuasion.” The website has a “This is Abortion” video that adults should see. “Abortion represents an evil so inexpressible that words fail us when attempting to describe its horror. Until abortion is seen, it will never be understood” (Gregg Cunningham, The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform). A few snippets from the Life Training Institute mission: “Is the unborn a member of the human family? Scientific evidence supports our position that life begins at conception. The philosophical argument is also made that no essential difference exists between human life before or after birth. The logical fallacies of pro-choice rhetoric are exposed in the light of reason. Our sole purpose is to train others to save lives.”
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com: Sign up to add your profile and comment at LIFE Devotions. Comment to the entire distro by replying to this email.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com: Sign up to post/comment at LIFE Prayers. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment