06 Mar Thurs, 6 Mar (John 5:44)
* Welcome God every morning by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
How can you believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek the praise that comes from the only God? John 5:44
Living Faith snippets: “We humans love to receive praise from others. Some people heap praise where praise is not due in order to “win friends,” even false friends, and “influence people” for their own purposes. Many saints encourage us in their writings to let human praise roll off us like water off a duck’s back. Jesus advises us to not place too much value on human praise, but instead “seek the praise that comes from the only God. We do know what God approves of: the love of God and the love of neighbor, in all times and all circumstances. Lord Jesus, help [us] to maintain [our] focus on the basics of the gospel message.” by Mitch Finley
* Happy birthday to John Shannon!
* I heard a great song on the way to work this morning: “My Deliverer” by Rich Mullins. During one part of the song, children sing, “my deliverer is coming, my deliverer is standing by.” I couldn’t help but imagine all the aborted children singing this in heaven, which made me quite emotional. Here are some snippets from a message Stephanie Kemp forwarded from “Erica” yesterday: “Some of you may remember about a young girl who had a dream about a series of old books that would help end abortion. One of those books was “Horton Hears A Who.” Two main points of that story were “a person’s a person no matter how small” but there was another important point. At the end when it looks like the Whos will be wiped out because no one can hear them, they find one last Who named JO JO who wasn’t doing his part. When he yells YOP! ,suddenly there are enough voices and the Whos are heard and saved. At the hortonmovie.com website [movie opens 14 Mar] there is a whole page dedicated to ADOPT A WHO which includes T-shirts, bumper stickers etc. Our local church is taking some children down to pray at Planned Parenthood. They’ll have the t-shirts and LIFE tape and then we’ll go together to see the movie. Training up the next generation. For those of you not familiar with the LIFE tape movement check out bound-4-life.”
Through Christ for Life,
* 40 Days for Life campaign (ends 16 Mar): http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment