07 Feb Thurs, 7 Feb (Deut 30:19)
* Welcome God into each day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live… Deut 30:19
Devotion snippets: “What draws so many to church in the middle of the week to be sent out with a big black smudge on the forehead? We desire a concrete, physical, visible sign of our need for God. And in choosing to take up our cross–the work of…serving at the soup kitchen or donating to the pregnancy help center [etc]–we give life to the faith we profess and show our love to God…realizing more deeply that Lent is not so much about self-improvement as about our conversion in Christ.” by Rebecca Sande
Devotion comment (Liz Curry, 6 Feb): “During Lent, we should: Fast from criticism, and feast on praise; Fast from self-pity and feast on joy; Fast from ill temper, and feast on peace;Fast from resentment and feast on contentment; Fast from jealousy, and feast on humility; Fast from pride, and feast on love; Fast from selfishness, and feast on service; Fast from fear, and feast on faith.” by Arthur Lichtenberger
Devotion admin: A “reply” to the devotion email goes to the entire distro of 86 Christians. You can “forward” the devotion to individuals. Blog comments are not sent out to the distro. Therefore, please add applicable comments to devotion posts (archive) AND send your comments to the distro email address: LIFE-Group-Devotionsfirstname.lastname@example.org. If inspired, please fwd faith emails to the distro.
Pat’s nuggets: Just this past Sunday, I saw today’s verse on a memorial for all the babies killed by abortion. Coincidence…I think not! May our 40 day Lenten journey be focused on daily “taking on” or “giving up” (self denial) to help foster physical and spiritual life for others. Mother Teresa said, “Live simply, so others can simply live.” Please consider sharing your Lenten journey experiences as a comment to this devotion post.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings: www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog: Sign up at LIFE Devotions. For faith sharing, please comment on a devotion. Please fill in your blog profile.
* LIFE Prayers blog: Sign up at LIFE Prayers. Prayer changes things, so let’s pray daily. Please post a prayer request (update with comment link).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions blog: Sign up at Sr. Francelle’s Devotions. Let me know if you (and others) would like to receive her wonderful weekly faith-application devotions.
* Distro additions?: I would gladly add other friends/family to our daily distro. Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others (Mark 16:15)!