11 Nov Titus 2:1 (educated conscience)
Posted on Tuesday 11 November, 2008
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
You must say what is consistent with sound doctrine… Titus 2:1
Living Faith snippets: “Today we hear so many views and opinions on various religious topics that it can be puzzling to know what is sound doctrine. I’m glad we have outstanding theologians who have dedicated their lives to prayerful scholarship and present their insights to a faith-hungry world. They do not think for us, but enable us to think more clearly.” by Fr. James McKarns
Rich’s comments: The elections this year revealed some inconsistencies with sound doctrine. One noteable example was when Nancy Pelosi was asked by Tom Brokaw “When does life begin?”, and she answered “I would say that as an ardent, practicing Catholic, this is an issue that I have studied for a long time. And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition,” she claimed. At least Tom Brokaw did his homework and responded, “The Catholic Church has a very clear moral and scientific definition that life begins at the point of conception.” It scares me how easily people can be swayed from the Truth by the media, especially those who have not fulfilled their moral obligation as Christians to educate their consciences with sound doctrine. Lord, may Your Holy Spirit guide us to the Truth and trust those who have dedicated their lives to prayerful scholarship. Amen.
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, for President-elect Obama, Joe Castle (medical concern).
* Let’s pray that We The People of America (the beacon on the hill) will shine Christ’s Light and build a culture of Life. Let’s pray for courage to build relationships and talk about ProLife.
Feast Day (St. Martin of Tours):
Faith Quote: “To follow by faith alone is to follow blindly.” by Benjamin Franklin
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!