25 Jul Training tips, Registration coupon, Lodging grp rate…cheers!
Good News! Save $10 on Crazy Horse half/full Marathon (October 6th) registration with LIFE Runners promo code RCH13. Increases $10 on 16 Aug. www.LIFErunners.org/crazyhorse
Wow, 55 of the 84 rooms (118 LIFE Runners) for Crazy Horse races are already filled! Awesome ministry rate, 3-7 Oct: all rooms $50/night for double occupancy and $5 for extra adults, 42 suites (first come). Breakfast included. 24 hr cancel. Exercise room, pool, hot tub, free Wifi, laundry, microwave/refrig. Contact Rick Greene at (832)301-2121 or email@example.com.
Time to dig in and ramp it up for our fall race in the Black Hills on October 6th. Half marathon training for Crazy Horse started July 15th (full marathon training started June 3rd). Send us your training photos (contact@LIFErunners.org) and post them on our LIFE Runners Facebook page. We will create cool videos using the photos…so don’t hold back. Flexibility and strength are key to a fit and injury free training experience. See training and injury prevention tips: www.liferunners.org/training.
Start each day by reading the LIFE Group Devotion and consider committing to memory the LIFE Runners Creed. Then pray the Creed as you begin each training run. Great food for the soul. Also, ask for petitions from others that you can offer prayers for especially as you climb into the long runs each week. Remember to wear your LIFE Runner shirt while training. Get other cool LIFE Runners gear to add to your running wardrobe.
Exciting Race Info
There’s nothing like the experience of a LIFE Runners weekend. So this is your nudge to get with the program for the 2013 LIFE Runners Weekend Retreat with Crazy Horse 1K/5K/half/full Marathon (4-6 Oct)! SUPER SCENIC and PERSONAL RECORD FAST (over 2/3 downhill). Race PHOTOS. Come to the Black Hills for Great Faces, Great Places, and Great Races! Promo VIDEO. LIFE Runners Relay A-Cross SD (Video). Local Native Americans will also run Crazy Horse races (article). Aerial view of SD.
Activities during LIFE Runners Weekend (4-6 Oct)
* Ellsworth AFB tour (3:30pm to 5pm, Fri, 4 Oct, Rapid City): meet at SD Air & Space Museum entrance which is near the main gate of Ellsworth AFB. Following base tour, dinner at Golden Corral. RSVP to contact@LIFErunners.org.
* Mt. Rushmore (8:30am to 10:30am, Sat, 5 Oct): Meet at Rushmore Express Hotel in Keystone, SD.
* Crazy Horse 1K/5K, Lunch, Shopping (11am to 3pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Hill City).
* Rapid City Care Net pregnancy resource center tour (4pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Rapid City): including Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical unit.
* LIFE Runners Mass (5:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Church, Rapid City): concelebrated by Bishop Gruss, Bishop Paprocki and LIFE Runners priests: all denominations welcome.
* Pre-race Banquet (6:30pm, Sat, 5 Oct, Blessed Sacrament Hall, Rapid City): Awesome speakers include saline abortion survivor Melissa Ohden, Knights of Columbus magazine (Columbia) editor Alton Pelowski, “Running with God across America” author Jeff Grabosky. Dale Bartscher (FHA) will emcee, and Carol Nesbitt (former Miss SD) will sing National Anthem. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus. RSVP (family included) at contact@LIFErunners.org.
* Post-race Celebration (10am to 2pm, Sun, 6 Oct, Little White Church, Hill City, Free): co-sponsored by the SD Family Heritage Alliance and Rapid City Care Net PRC.
Make It A Road Trip
* Before leaving get the LIFE Runners magnet for your vehicle.
* Bus: departs St. Louis at 7pm, Thurs, 3 Oct and returns to St. Louis by 6am, Mon, 7 Oct. Pick ups in Columbia (9pm), Kansas City (11pm), Omaha, Sioux City. Stops for Sioux Falls breakfast, Corn Palace, Al’s Oasis lunch, Badlands, Ellsworth AFB. Limited to 57, $150 each, reserve seat at contact@LIFErunners.org. Bus Form and Sample Itinerary.
Fundraising Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct)
Once you are registered, get your fundraising page going. Have you set yours up yet? Go here for instructions: www.liferunners.org/fundraising. Then once it’s set up, share it by email and Facebook.
Each adult LIFE Runner is encouraged to raise/contribute at least $262 each year for Pro-Life beneficiaries designated by team, with option to select your own Pro-Life beneficiary (at least $100 for team beneficiaries). Our 2013 team beneficiaries are Rapid City Care Net prc (ultrasound), Sioux Falls Alpha Center prc (mobile medical center), Vitae Foundation (national Pro-Life media). Goal is $100,000. All three are non-profit (tax deductible).
Here’s a couple of fundraising page examples for 2013 –