11 Mar Tues, 11 Mar (Psalm 102:19)
* Welcome God every morning by taking ~ 5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from the Living Faith devotion (http://www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing your gift of faith by adding a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
Let this be written for the generation to come, and let his future creatures praise the Lord. Psalm 102:19
Living Faith snippets: “The great advantage of a biblical text is that it endures across the generations, but every age still has to make sense of it for themselves. That is just another way of saying that every age has to encounter the person of Jesus; the mere fact that some people once believed in Him will not be enough.” by Mark Neilsen
Stations of the Cross: from “Behold! The Way of the Cross” by Thomas Gouin
* Second Station (Jesus Accepts His Cross.): “We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. The cross is a large and heavy one, not simply because of its physical composition, but because all of our sins are attached to it. Every heartache and pain, every injustice and illness, every oppression and poverty, every human misery is attached to this cross. When He is nailed to the wood of the cross that will be transformed into the tree of life for all who believe, the Lord will destroy the lasting effects of sin and death. My Lord, help me to repent from my sinful ways, and to accept your forgiveness, for no sin is too great for your loving mercy. Help me to show similar courage in accepting my own crosses so that through my hardships, I may experience your saving power and divine assistance.” Amen.
Sr. Francelle devotion snippets: “Dearest Ones, during Lent, the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary have special meaning for me. Just as I ask family and friends to pray for me, through the rosary I ask Mary, the angels, saints and souls in Purgatory to pray the rosary with me. To better understand what Jesus is going through, I picture myself near Him during His sorrow, which often brings tears to my eyes. If you are suffering at this minute, please ask Jesus for strength just for today. No matter how bad things look or how devastated you may feel, you are not alone. God is with you, even if you’re not aware of his presence. Brighten someone’s day! Give yourself away! I Love you, Sister Francelle“
* Go to sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com to read Sr. Francelle’s reflection on each of the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary: The Agony in the Garden, The Scourging, Crowning of Thorns, Carrying of the Cross, and The Crucifixion.
Through Christ for ProLife,
* 40 Days for Life campaign (ends 16 Mar) at http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at gougars.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!