18 Mar Tues, 18 Mar (John 13:21)
* Welcome God every morning by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from the Living Faith devotional (www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
I say to you, one of you will betray me. John 13:21
Living Faith snippets: “Our betrayals may not be sealed with 30 pieces of silver, yet there are subtle ways that we can deceive others and ourselves. We betray ourselves when we are too busy to pray, when we are too distracted to be grateful for the blessings in our lives, when we do not use our talents, and when we refuse to forgive.” by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr
Sr. Francelle snippets: “Dearest Ones, Lent isn’t over, so take advantage of this time of great graces and experience the healing power of the cross. I hope you can attend the Holy Week services, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil on Sat. Was it God’s will for Jesus to suffer? If there was any way other than sending His Son to die, in order for us to get to heaven, God would have found it. In the Book of Acts, it says, “Judas and the rest of the bad ones, did what God’s power and will had decided beforehand should happen.” God is in control. He permits things he hates – really hates – to accomplish something he loves. He allowed the devil to instigate the crucifixion all because he had in mind our good. The world’s worst murder became the world’s only salvation because God wants us in heaven with Him. Because Jesus rose, we too, will rise from the dead some day! In His glorified body, He lives on in us. We have something to look forward to – unending love in Our Father’s house. And this is what Easter is all about! The novena (nine days of prayer) begins on Good Friday in preparation for Mercy Sunday, March 30. In 1931, Jesus appeared to Sr. Faustina, a Polish nun, asking her to tell the world to intercede for sinners, by praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy (http://www.divinemercy.com/). In our glorious Risen Christ, Sister Francelle.” For the entire devotion: sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
Stations of the Cross snippets: As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother, Simon helps Jesus carry His cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus, Jesus falls the second time, Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem…
* Ninth Station (Jesus falls the third time): “We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. Jesus, your journey has been long. You fall again, beneath your cross. You get up and keep going. I often feel I should have conquered my weaknesses by now. I become discouraged when I’m confronted by the same problems over and over again. Sometimes I get weary. When I have health problems, I can become discouraged and depressed. Help me think of the cross you carried. Help me continue to hope that I can make the changes in my life I need to. You didn’t give up. I can have the strength to get up again as well [Phil 4:13]. My Jesus, let me see you in every person, believer and nonbeliever, and give me the gift of your holy grace to “do unto others as I would want done unto me. [Amen.]” snippets from www.catholic.org/clife/prayers/station.php?id=8 and “Behold! The Way of the Cross”
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment