19 Feb Tues, 19 Feb (Isaiah 1:17)
* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
* Anyone can view our devotions/prayers (websites below). You only have to “sign up” (link below) to add comments to our devotions/prayers.
Learn to do good. Make justice your aim: redress the wronged, hear the orphan’s plea, defend the widow. Isaiah 1:17
Living Faith Devotion snippets: “Think about places, personal or global, where there is injustice, where people are being wronged, situations nearly too painful to think about. Consider a letter or conversation [etc] that could improve one or another of these situations. Do something for someone who has no one [how about the unborn?].” by Fr. James Krings
Sr. Francelle Devotion snippets: “Dearest Ones, God has entrusted to each of us a share in saving the world. We’re co-workers with Jesus [1 Cor 3:6-9]. Regardless of what we do, nothing is too small to offer to God for the salvation of souls. Very young children can be taught to offer up the things they don’t like and the things they do like for others. Suffering accepted becomes a mighty weapon to save souls [and grows deeper personal humility that brings us closer to God]. Jesus did His greatest work, saving us, while hanging on the cross. Whether we are suffering from sickness, loneliness, an unpleasant person to work with or a disagreeable family member, God can turn it into gold, if only we offer it to Him [as a prayer for others]. Make sure not to waste any suffering. All my love and prayers.”
40 DAYS FOR LIFE: Learn about efforts in your area (through 16 Mar) and sign up for the daily updates email at http://www.40daysforlife.com/. Watch a couple minute clip on the “March for Life” (22 Jan) in Washington D.C. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsD5Jv_mmL0.
* A few people are spending an hour praying every day in front of the local abortion clinic, for the entire 40 Days for Life effort. What can we do to defend the unborn in our communities?
* “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” Jeremiah 1:5
* “…you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings: View at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog: View at life-devotions.blogspot.com. Sign up to comment at LIFE Devotions. Please fill in your profile. If inspired, add a comment and fwd it to the distro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* LIFE Prayers blog: View at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Sign up to comment at LIFE Prayers. Prayer connects us with God’s will, can change us, and can cause miracles (so let’s pray daily!). Please “post” prayer requests (update with a “comment” then send update to distro email).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions: View at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com. Let me know if you would like to be on the distro to receive her inspiring & challenging faith-application devotions (sent weekly).
* Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment