04 Mar Tues, 4 Mar (John 5:15-16)
* Welcome God every morning by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
The man went and told the Jews that Jesus was the one who had made him well. Therefore, the Jews began to persecute Jesus because he did this on a sabbath. John 5:15-16
Living Faith snippets: “The Torah prohibited any and all kind of work on the Sabbath. But Jesus brought into play another and higher law of love: if on the Sabbath you have a chance to care for someone…do it. [Jesus] did this because he knew that acting with mercy and charity was more important than avoiding work.” by Mitch Finley
* I found this scripture on a Human Life International newsletter that Stephanie Kemp shared yesterday: “The words I spoke to you are spirit and life” (Jn 6:63). I plan to share snippets from the newsletter tomorrow.
* Rich shared this shocking “live-birth abortions” testimony from Jill Stanek (nurse): www.priestsforlife.org/testimony/jillstanektestimony.htm. A few snippets: “I had specifically chosen to work at Christ Hospital because it was a Christian hospital and not involved, so I thought, in abortion. It hurt so much that the very place these abortions were being committed was at a hospital named after my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. [Live-birth abortions done by prematurely opening cervix.] It is not uncommon for a live aborted baby to linger for an hour or two or even longer. One night, a nursing co-worker was taking a Down’s syndrome baby who was aborted alive to our Soiled Utility Room. He was between 21 and 22 weeks old, weighed about 1/2 pound, and was about 10 inches long. I could not bear the thought of this suffering child dying alone in a Soiled Utility Room, so I cradled and rocked him for the 45 minutes that he lived. Proverbs 24:11-12 says, “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die. Don’t try to disclaim responsibility by saying you didn’t know about it.” The journey God has taken me on since I first stepped out in obedience to fight abortion at a hospital named after His Son has been overwhelming! I travel around the country now, describing what I or other staff have witnessed. I have testified four times before National and Illinois Congressional Subcommittees. Each one of us has a voice that we must use to stop the atrocity of abortion.”
* Volunteers are needed for the 40 DAYS FOR LIFE (http://www.40daysforlife.com/) around the clock prayer vigil at the C. Springs Planned Parenthood (abortion clinic) on Sun, 16 Mar: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM until 11:00 PM. For scheduling, please contact Cleta Jasper at email@example.com and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through Christ for Life,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11).
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!