05 Feb Tues, 5 Feb (Psalm 86:4-5)
* Welcome God into each day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; for you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in kindness to all who call upon you. Psalm 86:4-5
Devotion snippets: “St. Augustine reminds us that we often “lick the dust of the earth,” that is, we reach out blindly for the pleasure and presumed treasure of earthly things, precisely because we want to be happy. It is not wrong to seek some sort of happiness in the things and people of this life, but we can never forget that they will not bring us the perfect happiness we seek.” by Fr. Donald X. Burt (“Day by Day With St. Augustine”)
Pat’s Nuggets: Super Tuesday is here…who would Jesus want us to vote for? Kelley Boddicker shared an email with some insightful nuggets (checked on snopes.com). On the aluminum cap atop the Washington Monument is the statement “Laus Deo” (Praise be to God!). On three of the monuments 50 landings are found: prayer offered by the City of Baltimore, memorial presented by some Chinese Christians, and a children’s Sunday School presentation including Proverbs 10:7/ Luke 18:16/ Proverbs 22:6. The Bible is one of the items in the monument cornerstone. Biblical references are found in public places all around our nation’s capital (Supreme Court, etc). Please consider sharing related info as a comment to this devotion post.
Saint Days: Today is the feast of St. Agatha, who is the patron saint of breast cancer patients. The feast of St Blaise was Sunday. St. Blaise is the patron saint of throat illnesses. Regarding the traditional throat blessing that Rich received on Sunday, Rich said, “I have faith that it is probably as good as the flu shot” :)!
Tomorrow is Ash Wed…enjoy Fat Tuesday!
Through Christ Our Lord,
* LIFE Devotions blog: Sign up at LIFE Devotions blog. For faith sharing, please comment on a devotion post. For faith networking, please fill in your blog profile.
* LIFE Prayers blog: Sign up at LIFE Prayers blog. Prayer changes things, so let’s pray daily. Please post a prayer request (update prayer with comment link).
* Distro additions?: I would gladly add your friends/family to our daily distro. Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others (Mark 16:15)!
* Daily Bible readings: Today’s readings are found at http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml (link in blog header).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions blog: To see her wonderful weekly faith-application devotions, sign up at Sr. Francelle’s Faith blog. I would gladly add you and others to this distro.