12 Mar Wed, 12 Mar (Daniel 3:15)
* Welcome God every morning by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from the Living Faith devotional (www.livingfaith.com). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
You shall be instantly cast into the white-hot furnace. Daniel 3:15
Living Faith snippets: “While I try to discern what God is calling me, personally, to do with this, I am encouraged by another image: a fourth figure “like a son of God” who walks with the three in the midst of the white-hot flames. None of us are in this alone.” by Anne Bingham
* COUGARS daily: Chad Livingston said, “Hey friends, If you happen to check out our side blog, you’ll notice that the format is very much the same. I was encouraged by Pat and Rich’s distro [LIFE Group] and thus started COUGARS daily (cougarsdaily.blogspot.com).” Chad’s devotion is based on the “A Slice of Infinity” devotion at www.rzim.org/slice/slicetran.php?sliceid=1633. Here are a few snippets from yesterday’s “A Slice of Infinity” that tie in nicely with the “Living Faith” snippet today that “none of us are in this alone”: “For some reason, we think that because Jesus is in the boat with us, suffering will not come our way. But suffering does come, and the wind roars around us and the sky turns black. Jesus, don’t you care that we are perishing becomes an incredulous statement because we think as Christians we are somehow immune from the troubles of life. But Jesus’s answer reminds us that faith does not insulate us from life’s storms [“Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”]. Indeed, as Craig Barnes has written “Faith has everything to do with seeing that we have the Savior on board.””
* Prayer: Joel Cain shared this quote: ““Prayer at its holiest moment is the entering into God to a place of such blessed union as makes miracles seem tame and remarkable answers to prayer appear something very far short of wonderful by comparison.” – A. W. Tozer
Third Station (Jesus Falls the First Time): “We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. Jesus falls under the awful weight of the cross. He has just begun the journey, and Golgotha is still so far away. He is weak from the blows He has received, and the soldiers continue to strike Him and insult Him. They force Him up quickly so that He will not experience any relief or any opportunity to lie in the dirt to rest for a moment. The crowd insults Him and enjoys the spectacle unfolding before them. Finally, Jesus gets up and continues on His way, because His work is not yet finished. Forgive me, Lord, I beg you! Restore me with your holy and purifying grace. Help me to be more like you, so that I, too, may rise up and continue on my way. [Amen]” from “Behold! The Way of the Cross” by Thomas Gouin
Through Christ for ProLife,
* 40 Days for Life campaign (ends 16 Mar) at http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!