27 Feb Wed, 27 Feb (Deut 4:9)
* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/
Take care and be earnestly on your guard not to forget the things which your own eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your memory as long as you live, but teach them to your children and to your children’s children. Deuteronomy 4:9
Living Faith snippets: “Teaching is not browbeating or needling. Children need to be taught, and then they need to grow up and choose for themselves [Free Will]. Surely, parents of adults remember teaching their children how much God loves them, how the Holy Spirit will never abandon them, how Jesus came to bring all of us life [everlasting]. May we remember what we have taught and been taught, and take comfort in the knowledge of God’s great love for us.” by Mark Neilsen
Pat’s Nuggets: Last night at church, we discussed why a loving God would allow suffering in the world. Mark Foster reminded us that suffering is largely part of God’s great gift of Free Will (freedom to choose). Furthermore, the Saints thanked God for suffering because it causes us to draw closer to God, realizing our total dependence on Him (humility). The song “Held” by Natalie Grant compliments this spiritual perspective of suffering: “This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise was that when everything fell [suffering]…we’d be held [God’s constant love for us].” Thanks to Steve and Tina Castle for bringing this powerful song to my attention.
40 DAYS FOR LIFE (until 16 Mar): This is a unified Christian campaign to prevent the destruction of abortion (babies, families, abortionists) with an around the clock, 40 day prayer vigil at abortion clinics nation-wide. Learn about efforts in your area and sign up for the daily updates at http://www.40daysforlife.com/. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5)…”you knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13).
Blessed Mother Teresa Quote: “We are called not to be successful, but to be faithful.” (thanks to Stephanie Kemp for sharing)
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com: Sign up to add your profile and comment at LIFE Devotions. Comment to the entire distro by replying to this email.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com: Sign up to post/comment at LIFE Prayers. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment