30 Jan Wed, 30 Jan (2 Sam 7:14)
* Welcome God into each day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. 2 Samuel 7:14
Devotion snippets: “Secure in confidence that God was with him, David could embrace his future without fear. God makes the same offer to us, to never abandon us and to wait for our return with longing if we ever wander away.” by David Nantais
Pat’s tidbits: Yesterday, I invited a new friend, Alex, to join our LIFE group. Here is his response: “Back in June when we met [in line at Disneyworld]…I had a feeling you and your wife were Christians because your joy, kindness, and hospitality is something rarely seen of this world. I even remember mentioning it to Jenn. It goes along with the adage, “If being a Christian was a crime, would there be enough evidence to convict you?” Yes, I’d love to get a morning devotional each day. Please sign me up.” Based on my short experience with Alex and Jenn, I had enough evidence to convict them of being Christians as well :)! As St. Francis (Assisi) said, we should “minister constantly and only when necessary use words.” Carolyn Arends wrote the song “They’ll Know We Are Christians”…by our love!
LIFE Devotions blog: For our reference and future comments, theme titles were added to devotion posts with comments: Voting (29 Jan), Ministry (23 Jan), Unity (20 Jan), Service (19 Jan), Music (14 Jan), Abortion (12 Jan), Prayer (9 Jan).
* Please consider adding info to your blog profile (picture, profession, denomination, hobbies, etc).
* Please consider sharing your faith by adding a blog comment (“comment” link at bottom of each devotion on blog). If you have not signed up, simply click this link: LIFE Devotions blog. If you are unable to access the blog, I will gladly post your comment for you (email me). The blog auto e-mail function is inconsistent. Please let me know when you add a comment, so I can highlight your comment in the morning devotion message.
LIFE Prayers blog*: One of our LIFE group members, Mary Ellen, needs our prayers: “I am going through testing (last week and in the coming weeks). I have test after test, shot after shot and even x-rays and am still in discomfort and pain. I am waiting on the blood test results, but the possibility of Hodgkin Lymphoma is lurking. I will probably have to have a bone marrow test done. Please pray for answers and complete, painless and strong healing of my bones and lymphatic system!! I am trusting in my faith for strength and peace to deal with whatever God’s plan is in all of this, but believe in the power of prayer — so far I have received the miracle of a cancer free PET scan, but need to keep praying for the rest of the miracle!! Thanks!!”
* Let us strive to integrate daily prayer into our lives…”prayer changes things”! Please use the blog to add/update a prayer request, click this link to sign up: LIFE Prayers blog.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Faith Sharing: Consider sharing your faith inspirations with our group (e-mail and/or blog). Consider forwarding this devotion to your friends/family. If they desire, I will add them to the distro list. Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly spread it to those around us (Mark 16:15)!
* Daily Bible readings: Today’s readings are found at http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml (also linked in LIFE Devotions blog header).
* LIFE Prayers blog: For auto posting notification, click this link: prayers notify. The header of the LIFE Devotions blog has a link for the LIFE Prayers blog.
* Sr. Francelle Devotions blog: If you want to see her wonderful weekly faith application devotions, click this link to sign up: Sr. Francelle’s Faith blog. For auto posting notification email, click this link: Sr. Francelle notify.
Post A Comment