05 Mar Wed, 5 Mar (Isaiah 49:15)
* Welcome God every morning by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
I will never forget you. Isaiah 49:15
Living Faith snippets: “A few years ago, loss hit me pretty hard: my mother-in-law died of an aggressive cancer, and immediately afterward we learned that the baby we were expecting had died in utero. It was a time when all we could do was put one foot in front of the other and get to the next day. I felt a deep and penetrating sadness then. I didn’t believe that God did this thing to us. But I did believe that somehow God was suffering with me, like Christ on the cross. During that time, I prayed without any words at all, allowing myself to believe that God heard and understood me, cared for me and held me close.” by Karla Manternach
* In presenting the “40 Days for Life” campaign (http://www.40daysforlife.com/) to the Right of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) class last night, I opened with the “Prayer to End Abortion” (www.priestsforlife.org/prayers/praytoendabortion.htm), shared scripture (Jer 1:5, Ps 139:13, Prov 24:11), covered the eye-opening Roe IQ test (http://www.roeiqtest.com/), encouraged adults to see the “This is Abortion” video at http://www.prolifetraining.com/, and asked everyone to consider praying just one hour in front of the local abortion clinic (“Could you not keep watch with me for one hour?” Matt 26:40). Volunteers are needed for the around the clock prayer vigil at the C. Springs Planned Parenthood on Sun, 16 Mar at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM until 11:00 PM. For scheduling, please contact Cleta Jasper at email@example.com and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Here are a few snippets about “Operation Outcry” from the Human Life International newsletter that Stephanie Kemp shared. “In every country where abortion is being promoted, the insistent mantra of the abortion promoters is the lie that “unsafe (i.e., illegal) abortion” is damaging women’s lives and should be replaced by “safe and legal” abortion.The transformation of abortion from illegal to legal is supposed to make it – magically – safe for women. That was but one of the many lies about abortion that the US Supreme Court swallowed in 1973 when it legalized this killing procedure. While the abortion industry itself admitted that most of the illegal abortions were done by trained doctors in the comfort of their offices, very few arguments were as persuasive as the one that said women would be served by eliminating “back-alley” abortions and replacing them with abortion on demand. Abortion is never safe for unborn children, but 35 sad years of destruction has taught us that it’s also a lie that legal abortion is safe and pain-free for women. Post-abortive women everywhere are the best witnesses to the truth about abortion, and that truth is very simple – there is no such thing as a safe abortion! Operation Outcry is sponsored by the Texas Justice Foundation, the group that brought Norma McCorvey (the Roe of Roe v. Wade) back to the Supreme Court to let her story be heard. They want to collect one million “declarations” of post-abortion stories which will be entered into the public record when abortion comes back before the Supreme Court. They are relying on [us] to get the word out to post-abortive women and men who can declare, in a fully confidential manner, that abortion is not the salvation promised in 1973…[rather] a damaging, degrading and desperate procedure. Please consider looking at the website and join in the effort [http://www.operationoutcry.org/].” by Fr. Tom Euteneuer
Through Christ for Life,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
* LIFE Prayers blog at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Sr. Francelle Devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!