12 Nov Wisdom 7:29-30 (Truth overcomes Evil)
Posted on Thursday 12 November, 2009
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Compared to light, [Wisdom] takes precedence; for that, indeed, night supplants, but wickedness prevails not over Wisdom.
Wisdom 7:29-30 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “Jesus, the living Wisdom of God, reveals a life that goes beyond the physical. Destroyed by jealousy and hate, crushed by the power of Rome, Jesus was killed, but no extinguished. Risen Lord, strengthen my faith in what I cannot see, yet long to believe.” by Mark Neilsen
In the Scripture today, I was trying to figure out how Wisdom is more powerful than light. Planned Parenthood Director, Abby Johnson
, worked for the leading provider of abortions for 8 years, but ironically remained in the dark about the Truth until she finally viewed an ultrasound image of an abortion resulting in her quitting the organization. 90% of women considering an abortion change their mind about having one after seeing an ultrasound image of their unborn baby. No wonder Planned Parenthood opposes requiring women to see an ultrasound before the abortion procedure. The light into the womb (ultrasound) can be easily obscured by evil (Planned Parenthood), but once the Truth (Wisdom of God) is revealed, goodness prevails.
Let’s all invite one person each week (John 14:6
) to join our LIFE Group (~250 of God’s children).
* NEW: Shine through the darkness; share the Truth about abortion with someone who is still left in the dark.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16) and setting the unborn (and parents) free!
* NEW: I thought that you would like to hear an update about A Woman’s Answer (AWA) Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida since many of you contributed to the LIFE Runners Twin-Cities Marathon fundraiser to provide an ultrasound machine for AWA. Thanks to your contributions and the Knights of Columbus councils in the Gainesville area, we have raised over $9000. This amount will be matched by the Knights of Columbus Pro-Life fund, which will enable us to purchase an ultrasound machine for AWA. Today I go by AWA to pick up the final paperwork to start the process. The ultrasound machine will be presented to AWA on Jan 22nd, 2010 (37th anniversary of Roe v. Wade) at their Banquet for Life. This ultrasound machine will ultimately save lives. Thank you.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Peters family (JP in hospital
), Joe Hourigan
(for brother Mike), Doug Young (special intention), Pat Castle (victims/families at Ft. Hood, health care reform bill), Joe Levisky
(daughter’s pregnancy), that people care for all creation. Stephanie Spader
(daughter Rebekah in ICU for pneumonia/H1N1, for 24 wk pregnancy check up) , Brenda Alvine
(for her father, Dennis Rolfson
, in the ICU).
* NEW: Aaron (personal intention)
Faith Quote: “A thing is not necessarily true because badly uttered, nor false because spoken magnificently.” – Saint Augustine
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization
of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19